This website was created by volunteer members of Europe Region WAGGGS and the European Scout Region of WOSM to promote Guiding and Scouting in Europe.
The personal information that we use
We only collect personal information that we genuinely need.
This may include:
- Contact details such as name, address, email address and phone numbers
- Photographs and video recordings
Our legal basis for processing personal information
We may collect and use your personal information with your consent. For example, to send you marketing emails, to take and use your photograph, to collect relevant medical information. You can withdraw consent for this at any time.
We will use the personal information of some individuals at our member organisation for communication purposes. We will email and post you information about events, courses, our services and other items of interest, as part of your membership.
If you would like to opt out or unsubscribe from receiving some of this information, then please contact your relationship manager in the first instance. Our legal basis for using your personal information in this way is for the performance of a contract.
We only use your personal information in case studies when you have consented for us to do so. We will make it clear to you how we might use your information and who we may share it with; again, we will only do so with your permission. Our legal basis for using your personal information in case studies is your consent.
Photographs and recordings
We use photographs and recordings supplied by WAGGGS and WOSM to promote the work that they do. This might be to advertise their programmes and events, and to support campaigning and advocacy work. WAGGGS and WOSM take photographs and recordings of people attending their programmes and meetings.
They also take photographs and recordings of people to agree to be the subject of one of our case studies. They always obtain permission from the individual to take and use their image and explain how they intend to use it. Our legal basis for using personal information for this purpose is consent.
Keeping in touch
If you opt in to our mailing list we will use the information that you provide to email you information about our events, courses, campaigns and other items of interest. You can opt out or unsubscribe from receiving this information at any time if you wish. Our legal basis for using your personal information in this way is your consent.
If a complaint is raised with us, we will process the personal information that is provided to us to manage and resolve the complaint. Our legal basis for using personal information for this purpose is legitimate interest.
Cookies and aggregate information
Aggregate information is collected from users using our own web tracker. This information includes users’ Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time of visit, number of clicks, error pages and number of unique visits. This information is not linked to personal profiles or to personally identifiable information provided by users. We use it to analyse visitor trends and use of our website, administer the website and to gather broad demographic information of our website users.
Sharing personal information
We will only share your personal information where we are required to fulfil our contract with you, or legitimate interest, where we have your consent, or we are required to do so by law.
We may share your personal information with third party organisations who will process it on our behalf, for example a mailing house, our website administrator or printers.
We may also share your information with our bank to process a payment; our professional advisers (such as our legal advisers) where it is necessary to obtain their advice; our pension provider; and our IT support and data storage providers.
Where required, we will process personal information to comply with our legal obligations. In this respect we may use your personal data to comply with subject access requests; tax legislation; for the prevention and detection of crime; and to assist the police and other competent authorities with investigations including criminal and safeguarding investigations.
You can also unsubscribe at any time to emails that we may send to you about our work and that we think will be of interest to you.
You also have the right to:
- Request a copy of the information we hold about you. Requests should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org (WAGGGS members) or the World Scout Bureau at email@example.com (WOSM members).
- Tell us to change or correct your personal information if it is incomplete or inaccurate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (WAGGGS members) or the World Scout Bureau at email@example.com (WOSM members).
- Ask us to restrict our processing of your personal data or to delete your personal data if there is no compelling reason for us to continue using or holding this information. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (WAGGGS members) or the World Scout Bureau at email@example.com (WOSM members).
- Receive from us the personal information we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, so that you can send it to another organisation. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (WAGGGS members) or the World Scout Bureau at email@example.com (WOSM members).
- Object, on grounds relating to your specific situation, to any of our processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (WAGGGS members) or the World Scout Bureau at email@example.com (WOSM members).
You can get in touch with us at:
Guide and Girl Scout members of WAGGGS
Spaces European District
Rue Belliard 40
+ 32 2 893 2420 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Scout members of WOSM
WORLD SCOUT BUREAU EUROPE SUPPORT CENTRES – BUREAU MONDIAL DU SCOUTISME CENTRES DE SOUTIEN POUR L’EUROPE
RUE HENRI-CHRISTINE 5
CASE POSTALE 327
CH-1211 GENEVA 4, SWITZERLAND
+ 41 22 705 11 00 | email@example.com
How long we keep your personal information
We will hold your personal information for as long as is necessary. We will not retain your personal information if it is no longer required. In some circumstances, we may legally be required to retain your personal information, for example for finance, employment or audit purposes.
Changes to this policy
The Information Commissioner’s Office
If you are not satisfied with our response to any query you raise with us, or you believe we are processing your personal information in a way which is inconsistent with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose helpline number is: 0303 123 1113.